FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No Points Via UR - Learned The Hard Way
View Single Post
Old Jul 6, 2012, 1:28 pm
DaddyRabbit
Suspended

Thanks

Originally Posted by Milesbuilder
I saw the Priceline Thread but nothing on Chase UR. Mods move me if need be.

This is more a heads up than a rant.

Chase may tell you that you earn points for HH stays but you don't according to HH T&C.

I never gave it a second thought redeeming UR points for rooms as the rate was pretty close to the HH site rates. Just like when I play cards in Vegas, I was wrong.

Booked my rooms, paid with UR, called the hotel to add my HH#. No signs of any issues.

Hotel confirmed reservation and HH#, did not upgrade room (did not expect to be), did get LOTS of water and club access.

When I got my bill, I knew what was coming as it was as bare (no charges, no payments, no nothing) as the highways in Dallas when the Cowboys played on Sunday (before Jerry destroyed the team). Nothing showed but parking charges.

Since returning, I have learned that although others have reported success with Priceline stays, at least at this Hilton, not gonna happen.

No points, no stay credit and according to the lady on the phone, I was lucky they even recongized me as a HH member much less a Diamond. She had the tone in her voice that I should have been given a crate in the loading dock and not a room (some poetic license taken to add excitement to a dull T&C thread).

Long story short, you can be king of the world but if you use Chase UR, you are less than Silver in HH's eyes.

Live and learn
Thanks so much for this post, OP.