FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Baggage question on QF Operated flight BA7311
Old Jul 6, 2012, 3:51 am
angeloedades

Programs: Meow Mix
Originally Posted by m0hamed
I just looked this up http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...gage/global/en

Additional baggage allowance is available for Qantas operated flights with a "QF" flight number. It is not available for flights operated by another carrier (such as codeshare or interline flights) or if connecting on the same-day to a flight operated by another airline. The additional baggage rates of the operating airline applies in these instances.

You may be on a codeshare, however your operating carrier is QF. Sounds like it may not be able to be done online, but I would argue you should at least be able to be offered the prepaid excess rates when you arrive at the airport, due to the limitations of their system.

FYI - when we have booked QF flights on the BA flight number through AMEX Travel, in our frequent flyer booking we always have two PNRs for the same booking. I would expect this is the PNR you chose seats with?
Hi m0hamed,

Yes, I have selected my seats using my operating PNR.

When using MYB with my operating PNR, I shows as QF1 - this makes me believe that I should get the pre-paired yet online.

When using MMB with my original PNR it shows as BA7311 which I am expecting.

/AE