FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dissapointing F experience BKK - FRA
View Single Post
Old Jul 6, 2012, 3:02 am
dsquared37
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by BKKROP
I think you may have checked in at the wrong locality, Thai's first check in is very large, there would have been people everywhere, ranging from luggage porters to service representatives and they would have whisked you through your own private immigration and customs, then onwards to the lounge. it is at this point YOU decide if you wish to walk or have assistance. hey it is no big deal, it is a load of fun though.
Actually F check in is rather slow. OP noted no juice or towels brought, so those individuals must have been on holiday. OP also noted there was no transpo from the F lounge to the gate... (s)he made no mention of transpo to the lounge. But hey it is at this point that YOU read and take what you want. Hey it's no big deal, we all know how things operate in certain posts.

Anyone visiting Asia, has the same food "problems" you experienced and everywhere it is the same. Try telling a waiter you will have your tea at the end of your breakfast, or that you prefer to eat your cornflakes prior to the bacon and eggs, nope, it all arrives at once, you see this is how food is eaten over here, we pick a little of this and mix it with a little of that.
Your generalizations are absurd. Food in Asia tends to come out when it is done regardless of what it is. Asian restaurants, unless westernized, do not serve food at the same time. And lets be frank, most restaurants aren't westernized here.

Sorry to read that you didn't enjoy your flight, put it down to experience, next time, whoever you fly with in First, you will have a standard that has to be reached, albeit no that high in your estimations but a standard all the same. I just flew China and the only western person on board, I didn't know what I was eating, I laugh when you say you ordered a steak, wish I knew what mine was
Since we're past your prologue this is the only section that matters and you completely whisk away OPs reasonable complaints.

You might laugh with the food but I laugh at your apologist notions.