FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using velocity pts, does cost keep going up?
Old Jul 4, 2012, 4:43 pm
AmeriAus

Originally Posted by qwertyuiop
Yes, standard award seats don't show up for US connections as partner award seats don't show up. You should look for a flight to LAX only (although you may struggle to find one at Xmas) and see what you can get on the phone for the LAX-BOS leg or just call up and ask about both.
Thanks! I tried to call yesterday but hung up after 10mins on hold. I had a look this morning and they had premium seats BNE-LAX for 479K for two adults - we want to pay NOTHING (We have 600,000pts). We will have an infant when we go as well (should be about 10wks old) are there bassinets in Premium?

We wanted to keep the USA domestic flights on the same itinerary as the international flight incase there is bad weather in Dec/Jan in Boston which is OFTEN the case (I grew up there). I would hate to miss our LAX-BNE flight home to Aus if we cannot get out of Boston because of snow or freezing rain. We also get more baggage allowance on Virgin than with Delta, so want that to carry over.

Does the call centre charge fees for booking on the phone? I haven't ever booked on the phone - always online paying and have never booked using pts.

thanks in advance!

Last edited by AmeriAus; Jul 4, 2012 at 5:23 pm