FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Radisson Big Night Giveaway is BACK
View Single Post
Old Jul 4, 2012, 10:47 am
aviator8

Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
Just a heads up, when using the BRG, make sure you capture a screen shot of the cheaper price.
I agree about getting the screenshot; however here is some food for thought. I did a BRG in May. I booked the room, after seeing the better price on Travelocity, and submitted BRG claim withing10 mins of booking. It took a few days for CC to respond, and in the process (due to the BRG Claim?? maybe) the rate changed on Travelocity, going up. They did match and discount 25%, but off of the new higher rate.

I went back and forth with them providing screenshots of the rate I saw, but it was extremely aggravating and I eventually gave up. Every time I would email, they would ask me to send my proof again in a different way as they could not open the attachment, or it was too large, or place it in the body, or our email system is blocking attachments. Every excuse in the book as to why they could not see my proof was given to me. I began copying other people I knew on the correspondence and CC was the only one "having a problem" with anything I sent. I tried resizing, attachments in different forms, pasting in the body etc……………... Eventually I just gave up over getting the difference because each email I sent took at least 24 hours for them to respond.

So if you have to use your screenshot to prove your stance be prepared for a great big run around. If you are more persistent than I was you will probably win, but prepare for a hassle. You might have better luck if you called, got someone on the phone and had them hold while you tried each method they requested. They might give up first if you keep them on the phone waiting.

Last edited by mia; Jul 4, 2012 at 11:26 am