FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Surly American Cabin Crews on CX
View Single Post
Old Jul 3, 2012, 10:50 pm
Doc Savage
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by QRC3288
Sorry mate, I respect your opinion but this is a bit too much generalizing for me and I suppose I'm of a different opinion.

In the last 5 years I've been flying CX, CX has consistently crewed entire flights of YVR, SFO, YYZ and LAX crews (I'm including Canada here). They never have been sprinkled in here or there, except in cases when they're on standby serving (for example, CX882/3 HKG-LAX is crewed by HK based FAs, but you might get an LA-based crew if one of the HK crew fell ill in LAX). CX880, in turn, is crewed by LAX-based crew. Most North America flights (except ORD and JFK, no bases there) have very specific flights where you will receive a North American crew...they don't just dribble drabble them in. And I absolutely cannot point my finger to saying a North American outport-based crew is superior or worse to a HK crew.

For an opposite anecdote, I did a SFO round-trip last week. Service was superior on CX872 to SFO (SF crew) than CX873 return (HK crew). Furthermore, unless you knew that CX872 that day was indeed an SFO-base you could not have used this accent-test to tell where they were from: the FAs serving me in J didn't have American accents - one was Japanese, and the other was born in Malaysia, both living in SFO.

I have also had very memorable, fantastic outport crews serving me on both ex-YYZ and SFO flights. And ironically, my absolute worst flight on CX...I think the only time I've ever written a complaint...was a horrific HK-based crew flying back from LAX.
^

Too much generalization and nationalism evident in the OP.

And god forbid we don't get "hot towel service."