FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying with a companion and YOU miss the flight
Old Jul 3, 2012, 9:38 am
SDCA

Programs: SWA RR, CO One Pass, TAM Fidelidade, HA Miles, DL Skymiles, KLM Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Toan
While I concur with what the policy states, in practice, the companion has their own boarding pass. On the boarding pass, I do not recall a designation of a companion. Thus the TSA doesn't know, and the gate agent also doesnt know. Obviously the computer knows...but if I had missed my flight I wonder if they would have pulled the companion off the flight?

Not trying to game the system, was a real situation that could happen if you and your companion get to the airport at different times.
Best way is to have your companion WAIT and board with you. So if you miss the flight, you both miss it.

Years ago, SWA had a "Friends fly free" program. A passenger was pulled off the plane because his "Friend" did not show up. He used the "free" part of the program trying to scam SWA saying he doesn't know where his "friend"(who was the paying passenger) was and didn't board with him.