FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium Economy - beware of equipment changes
Old Jul 2, 2012, 8:22 pm
kamiao

Programs: CX GO by flying, ex-QF PS, AMEX Platinum, CA & KrisFlyer Nobody
Originally Posted by Sohoboy
I think you can ask for the refund for tix difference but if you paid PE, they should honour PE's miles.
Yes it's unfair. But no you can't get refund.

Terms and Conditions

1. Premium Economy class may not be available on all flight segments. Where Premium Economy class is not offered/available, passengers will travel in Economy class without refund/compensation.
I have no idea why someone would pay a much higher fare for something can't be even guaranteed! I mean, Qantas offers PE seats too and the price is not much different from CX... and QF could actually guarantee you a PE seat in all their flights to the destination and you will get 110% of mileage to your MPC guaranteed too.

By having only a few of their aircraft carrying PE seats which are subject to the last-minute equipment change, releasing these fares to the Australian market is just not fair to the customers. To me, at least they should guarantee that if there is an equipment change without advanced notice, the pax who bought PE will be transferred to other carriers who offer these seats.

Before CX increases the number of their equipments to offer PE seats so that I am more confident on what I will end up with after paying the money, I will not go anywhere near to their PE fares. Personal preference though.

Please accept my sympathies 'cos I don't think this is what OP deserves!