FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bye Bye CSA, looking for a new SkyTeam FF program
Old Jul 2, 2012, 11:46 am
prgboy

Programs: Delta Skymiles (silver), Lounge Key
Thank you, gentlemen. I tend to go with a major airline that won't change their program easily - that appears to be the problem with Czech airlines who doesn't serve a vast number of passengers (anymore). I realize every program may change sooner or later, but so do travelling habits.

While I was motivated quite a bit to keep my Skyteam Elite+ status and went out of my way and probably spent more money than I really had to, realizing that the perks are being cut back more and more, I just don't think I will be traveling by air as much. A 14-day transatlantic crossing on a ship in an inside cabin is $599 (one I will be on in October) and it is way cheaper and way more convenient than flying, even on the cheapest economy ticket.

I just won't care as much for flying and will not be so keen on being loyal to one alliance. But of them all it seems to be logical to go with Delta whose program looks OK and suits my needs - serves my destinations, offers earning miles other ways than flying, their customer service answers every claim, etc.

I will still earn the Sky Team elite+ status for the next year, so I will have two free bags and a lounge -- but after all, I somehow stopped caring too much. The insecurities of sudden program changes and all the travel hassles are not worth it. I have done a great deal of traveling and I am happy I did when I could do it with a pleasure.