FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Radisson Big Night Giveaway is BACK
View Single Post
Old Jul 1, 2012, 9:36 pm
tassojunior

Programs: Lotz
Park Inn Harrisburg, PA Review

Just completed my stay here and since it's the only Park Inn on the Mid-Atlantic East Coast I imagine I won't be the only FTer staying there in next few weeks.

The Park Inn is actually in Mechanicsburg which is about a 15 minute drive down US 11 from Harrisburg. It's an older very large motel with doors outside (no internal halls). It has a beautiful swimming pool, a minature golf course, and a picnic grounds with long picnic tables. The restaurant "Legends" is affordable and very good.

The rooms are sort of La Quinta quality. You won't be tempted to take home any of the supplied toiletries either. The desk staff is very present but overworked as this is a huge motel. The cleaning staff is friendly and very good. The hotel is pet-friendly (meaning you can sneak a dog in or pay the fee).

Harrisburg is just about 80 miles north of Baltimore, 90 from Philadelphia and 100 from DC, all connected by very good interstates. Downtown is very beautiful and historic with a huge riverfront park and the beautiful state capital. Definitely one of the more beautiful state capital cities. Three waterfront deck cafes on the south shore are the rave. Hersey and Hersey Park are just outside of town. There's a big discount center in Hersey, and the free "Chocolate World" tour on a fun conveyor belt show. Carlisle Fairgrounds, south of the hotel is home to car shows constantly. (Chevy Nationals, Ford Nationals, Corvette Nationals, etc. Most of the guests are visiting those car shows. Gettysburg (!) and Lancaster (Amish country) are both about a half-hour drive away. So is York, home of Harley Davidson and York Barbells and a lot of history.

For those needing Radisson and Country Inns, there are also those in Harrisburg, so a 3-day weekend could hit all three.

The rates at the Park Inn are in the $100 range with gov't rates about $85.

Last edited by tassojunior; Jul 7, 2012 at 8:37 pm