FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help using C/C miles for tickets.
View Single Post
Old Jun 30, 2012, 9:07 am
Mary2e
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by shaker58
Planning a end of summer Hawaii trip with my family. Need 4 tickets from NY. What would be the best use of my Amex and Chase points. I have no airline status. My plan was to sign up both of us for BOA Hawaiian c/c to get 2 tickets and then transfer amex miles for kids.Please help me out if there is a better way.
It may be too late to get award seats for the end of summer, unless you wait until the last minute and hope some seats are made available. Getting 4 awards on the same flight is going to be tough. Perhaps you want to go NEXT August? Then you'll have a better shot at getting 4 of them.

Before you start jumping through hoops, make sure that you can actually get the seats on Hawaiian Airlines, and then hope they're still available when the points post to your account.

Your best use of the points might be for hotels and pay for the airline tickets. IIRC, you can transfer Chase to Hyatt. I'm not sure of the others.

As well, you can use your Amex points to "pay" for your flights. This might be your best option.

I'm sorry to say, but for 4 people traveling to a popular destination in high season, you're doing this too late.