FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Issues with UA Flight Number changes later in year
Old Jun 28, 2012, 12:44 am
FlyerChrisK

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by thehaloboy
The fare I am flying is a Z class business fare SYD NYC. I cant have surface sectors in the USA, but lists NYC as option.

This means now UA no longer has a SYD NYC service with one flight number, so a bunch of tickets wont be allowed to book.
Huh? UA publishes SYD-NYC fares that permit a connection in SFO/LAX.

Since I'm not especially inclined to go looking for UA's precise definition of surface sectors, here's AA's:

Surface Sector means a sector between two intermediate points of a fare component where travel is via other than air transportation. In the case of a mileage fare, the ticketed point mileage between the origin and the destination of the surface sector is included in the TPM calculation of the through fare component. In the case of a routing fare, both the origin and destination points of the surface sector must be on the specified routing of the fare. Transportation over the surface sector is covered by the through fare component.
Flying SYD-SFO/LAX-JFK (for example) does not imply that you have surface sectors.