FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - asia travel plans, how to start?
View Single Post
Old Jun 28, 2012, 12:40 am
civico

Originally Posted by SzatRyan
I've always booked from North America, so always seen North American prices.....can't believe you found a cheap one NYC to BKK...I've never seen that before...$529?? Holy crap! What a deal.....book that right away! One word of advice is that the prices DO increase as the time gets closer....also if you look at Aerosvit ' s facebook page they post a 10% off coupon every friday good for a booking over the weekend...so you just have to book over the weekend but can fly anytime....just saved myself 60 bucks!
Here is what is even crazier about their website.

If I use the same dates and the same itinerary, I get 3 different prices depending on how I do it.

For example, if I do what I did before, and book BKK-NYC earlier (like April 9th) and then NYC-BKK on April 23rd, I can get a ticket for $250ish dollars.

If I search for that same ticket by booking NYC-BKK on April 23rd but put my flight from BKK-NYC for a date LATER than that (like April 30th), the flight for that same NYC-BKK on April 23rd jumps to $728.

If I search for the same NYC-BKK flight on April 23rd but only search as a one way, the price jumps to $850.

For whatever reason, if your the first part of your journey is BKK to NYC then the NYC to BKK leg is also really cheap, but if you try to do it in reverse, the price jumps up drastically. Really, really odd.