FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Time Share Presentation:AC J/Y, OZ F/C, CA Y, TG F/C/Y, LH F/C, Maglev, Renfe AVE
Old Jun 27, 2012, 10:17 pm
worldtraveller73

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
We disembarked among the first of our flight as the rest of the aircraft were held back and we ended up on the lower arrivals concourse at Incheon. We had one hr and fifty minutes connection time. After seeing some long immigration lines, we decided not to brave the Korean Immigration for a collector passport stamp.

After a security check, we were immediately up the escalator into in the International Departure Hall. I could hear in the background, those same familiar computerized English flight announcements from that irritatingly cheery woman who also makes those computer announcements in Toronto YYZ and Calgary YYC. It seems she is still employed in Incheon from my last visit through here in 2007.

After a visit the Incheon’s fabulous duty free, we headed for the Asiana First Class Lounge. Passing along the concourse, I was saddened to see that the old SQ Silver Kris Lounge in ICN has now been converted into a 24 hr food court.

Soeul Incheon International Airport
Asiana First Class Lounge

We presented our F boarding stubs and were given same day access immediately. The lounge attendant didn’t even really care to see our connecting Business Class boarding pass and waved us in.

As we entered, the lounge was nothing short of fabulous. Tastefully decorated in the old world library theme, it had plenty of space and ambience. A grand piano was the centerpiece. In all it was very empty, as there were only a few Asian business men off to one corner.

There seemed to be lots of food on offer and the bar was self service. I would have loved to have a shower but instead I opted for a glass of the Piper Heidsieck champagne. I also tested out a glass of the Johnny Walker Blue to see what all the fuss was about. It was exceptionally smooth, but I don’t know if I’d find the price point of this whiskey as smooth as its lovely taste.

After a brief lounge visit, we headed off to the gate for our last flight of the day.