FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ritz-Carlton Rewards Forum
View Single Post
Old Jun 27, 2012, 3:55 pm
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
I don't understand why people are so opposed to creating a new forum. I generally don't stay at Marriott hotels, I don't want to have to sift through threads discussing Courtyard properties in Buffalo NY to get to threads and discussion about the Ritz-Carlton, RC rewards, and RC properties. As I said, much of the discussion is scattered around multiple forums and this would make the most sense, IMO.
I don't know that people are 'so opposed' to this per se, as much as you've not yet made a case for it. Because the other guy (Fairmont) has one or I don't want to sift through Marriott or CY threads isn't a case totally made.

If you want to make your case, answering these questions will probably help (see info in link).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18823533-post2.html

Also, in taking a quick glance at the Luxury & Marriott forums (the only 2 forums that the discussions are 'scattered around' as far as I can tell), it looks like:

1) most property discussions take place in the Luxury forum, either about the property itself or comparing it to other brands, such as Aman, Four Seasons, etc, &

2) most RC reward programs/promos take place in the Marriott forum, because, as noted, the elite/reward programs are similar, just with a different front-end. Marriott forum does have some RC property threads.

It's also been suggested in a different thread that:

3) the name of the Marriott forum be adapted to include Ritz-Carlton, primarily because the reward programs are similar;
4) Ritz-Carlton be made a sub-forum of the Marriott forum.

FWIW - my guess is that people wanting to do comparisons of the Ritz properties to other high-end brands are still going to post mainly in the Luxury forum.

Cheers.