FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A question about applications
View Single Post
Old Jun 27, 2012, 1:38 pm
Miss0033

Programs: AA, DL
A question about applications

So my last 2 card applications I have gotten denied. Both have cited current debt to income ratio as the reason. All my accounts have declined and income has risen. The only thing that has changed is I added a mortgage. Now my wife and I spent considerably less than we were approved for (around 50-60% of what we were approved for actually) and can comfortable afford all of our debt and still put a good amount into savings and investments.

So I called Chase today about my recent denial, and the woman candidly explained that it was most likly the mortgage payment that was causing the problems.

In the application the only ask for my annual income, the can see only my debt, and I listed the total mortgage payment that my wife and I both contribute to. Yes, without her income I would struggle to afford everything. How can I get approved for cards now? The entire mortgage is listen on my credit report, as I imagine it is on hers as well. We both signed on the house and are joint owners... Are my credit card mile days coming to an end? What gives? I know others on here own homes and churn cards like crazy...