FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic announces plan to allow phones at 35,000-feet
Old Jun 26, 2012, 6:57 pm
MissJoeyDFW

Originally Posted by djs
I have a hard time believing that people actually would never fly Virgin because of this. For now, they are offering this service on 1 route where the plane carries just over 300 people; and only 10 at a time can use the service. This is just me, but I think the chances of me being disturbed by two passengers having a loud conversation with each other is much higher than being disturbed by a passenger on their phone.

I often wonder if the real reason we get upset when people are on their cell phone (wherever it may be) is that we are nosey and can only hear one side of the conversation.
You can believe it, a plane is one place to escape cell phone chatter. If someone starts talking on a cell phone beside me I already have a plan in place to make as much chatter but louder than them the entire time they are on the phone. If they are talking I will match them word for word, tone for tone and volume for volume. They are gonna hate me....and probably think I am crazy.

Originally Posted by FlyingRabbit
FlyingRabbit announces plan to not fly Virgin ever again
+ 100