FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Honeymoon! Need some recommendations!
View Single Post
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:47 am
rcross23

Ok so if I'm looking at the PDF correctly, to travel from the contiguous US to Hawaii, we would need 40k miles per person. Does it not matter where you fly from? Flying from say LA to Hawaii would require the same amount of miles as flying from Florida to Hawaii? That seems counter-intuitive.

Then looking at the Air and Hotel Packages, I would use package 1, because that includes US Airways, and would need the third column, 100,000 miles.

So I could stay at a Cat 7 for 310k, cat 8 for 340k, or tier 1-3 for 400k, if I am looking at everything correctly. So it looks like I should qualify for any of these options if I travel as much as I expect to this year.

As far as activities, I am Scuba certified but she is not, and I doubt she will have time to get certified before the wedding. We are a young couple, so snorkeling and bar-hopping would be fun. We love to fish, and I like to golf. So I guess it sounds like a tropical location would be best for us.

I have heard of people exchanging points for cash to use at Marriotts. Do you know the exchange rate for the cash? Do you think this is an option to consider?

Thanks for all your help so far!