FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Great experience on US Express First Class
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:31 am
fly747first
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by BizJet
I couldn't find a master thread on US Airways Express First Class by searching, but please consolidate if one exists and I missed it.

Just wanted to note that I finally had my first E-175 flight on Republic/US Airways Express since they installed First Class, and the flight was great. Just a short BOS-PHL, but it felt exactly like mainline on the E190 — maybe even better since the Republic crew seemed to have a little extra spring in its step.

Exact same seat and cabin feel as the E190 (though one row smaller). Offer of pre-departure beverage. Attentive service with multiple drink refills and snack basket passes in the air.

As we pushed back, I was actually caught off-guard when the FA said "Welcome aboard US Airways Express operated by Republic Airlines" in her announcement, as I had honestly forgotten that I was on express. The whole experience just felt like mainline.

Well done, US.

More broadly, I was very pleasantly surprised with US this trip (BOS to Florida via Philadelphia). I hadn't been on US for a few months, but it seems like US has been stepping up its game. Preferred Access lanes at all gates and agents actually protected and honored the lanes. Very friendly and attentive service at the gates, clubs, aboard, etc. I missed Wi-Fi which I've taken for granted mostly flying with Delta, but that will be on the domestic fleet soon. Snack basket offerings were nice for a change and seemed better to me than what I've grown bored by on Delta.
Write to US Airways so that the crew gets recognized for such excellent service.