FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Inefficient retro claims at Etihad Guest
View Single Post
Old Jun 25, 2012, 6:40 pm
edy4eva

A friend has seen mixed results retro claiming about 3 months ago. He got a reply within 24 hours saying it will be looked into. A week later another email comes through claiming that the miles have been already credited (quoting a completely different booking).

My friend then emails copies of his ticket, wasting a good half hour of his time to explain which flights he took, sort of spoon feeding them what they should be looking at.

The reply from EY comes in a week later saying things will be looked into and less than 24 hours later miles appear in the account.

He just completed another trip with them, and despite having his guest number on the ticket and boarding passes, he is yet to see his points credited. It gets weary just thinking about having to chase up the miles.

They used to have an excellent online tool but they took it down for no apparent reason. Why oh why?

I know this might sound like a long stretch. But this is reminiscent of GF back in the days. Around 2003 I sent a praise and a complaint to GF about one of their flights, only to get a month later via snail mail a letter thanking me for suggesting a no-cigarettes policy (..., at the time I think all of their flights had been smoke free for a couple of years). As if the folks that had worked at GF have moved on to EY (they sort of did). EK's Skywards, by contrast, has been nothing short of stellar.