FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Looking for cheap hotel in AMS for three nights...
Old Jun 24, 2012, 11:57 pm
EmailKid
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by whitethunder
Ahh, just over 5 cents a mile it worked out for me with the routing so It's all good!!

I was looking at maybe $50-80 (canadian) an night in a hotel...

Just a good location is my main concern as I will be walking to most things.

Do you have to be under a certain age to get into the youth hostels?? I just hit 30 unfortunately.....
OK, now we have something to work with - thanks for geting back to us ^

5 cpm is pretty darn good for CDN, but AMS isn't cheap, so you will have to look pretty hard for a hotel in your price range.

It's my understanding that you can Priceline hotels near the airport for a decent price. There's rail into city, so it shouldn't be too painful.

And they're not really Youth hostels anymore, just hostels, so they take those of us who would like to be near 30 (with a few exceptions).

I've seen folks who could easily pass for 60+ in hostels, and in Panama I tagged along with 20 somethings that went to a disco with soap bubble machines that I only saw on TV before

But I slept with ear protection and eye mask

OTOH, the price was right (about $15 IIRC). That was for a shared room (hence the eye/ear protection), but I'm sure it will be more in AMS.

And you can get single rooms even in hostels, but they do cost more (got one in PRG just last year).

EmailKid