FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which baggage allowance?????
View Single Post
Old Jun 24, 2012, 10:41 am
EsherFlyer

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
How is AC going to interline YVR-YYZ-EWR? You still want to stop over 24 hours in YYZ? Your baggage will not be checked through if you overnight.
Sorry, that's a <24h transit, specifically about 23h .

I have no idea why AC would or would not be able to do this, hence my question. As far as I can recall all my flights for the past 15 years or so have been single segment leisure trips with checked luggage, or hand-luggage only business trips that sometime involve same-day or overnight transit. I have no reference point for even 'simple' interlining of checked luggage.

I assume that if AC can interline on a typical ~2h transit for a route then an overnight transit on the same route would be handled the same if we stayed in the airport, and imagined that us leaving the airport but keeping the baggage airside could work as well in terms of not having to recheck bags.

Are you saying that could never work because of the overnight nature of the transit?

And of course there is the complication here of the US immigration process at YYZ. But I assume this also has mechanisms for handling transit luggage.

I think I often see *A luggage centres near luggage collection carousels. What do they do? Any use in this scenario?