FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - At the LAX Gold Booth, got into with a renter
Old Jun 23, 2012, 10:02 pm
travelingchumley

Programs: None
At the LAX Gold Booth, got into with a renter

The guy was charged for gas and pleading his case as long as he returned it full, it was ok. He said he drove 25 miles and did not top off the gas. "The agent here last night said as long as it was full, it's ok." As he's leaving, I said Hertz should charge him because if I get his car next, I'm paying for the gas he used. Why should I pay for his gas use? Hertz should charge him. He's the type of customer who tries to get away with stuff and whines when caught. He starts saying he had to wait 30 minutes for a car last night at 130am making another excuse. He goes on and on, I turn to my favorite LAX rep and told her, "sorry," cause the guy went on for another minute. If I got a charge removed, I would have left in a hurry, especially knowing I got one over on Hertz. Anyway, the rep says she hasn't seen me in a while and I tell her my name isn't on the board. She claims she only has convertibles available (and it was a real nice 75 degree day). I said that won't do. "How about a red Camero?" Just something with low miles please? Malibu for me was fine, especially for an economy rate. Just another day in LA.