FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - List of "Taxes and fees" on 9W redemption tickets
Old Jun 21, 2012, 3:06 am
Keyser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by jasepl
Thanks for that. I never did that calculation myself, but there's definitely a decent enough difference.
if the difference was not much then i would not bother myself....but when i can save half then its definitely worth it....

Originally Posted by jasepl
I have no need to go to London anytime soon, but I am scheduled to go to Brussels later in the year. I'm going to have to look at redeeming my points on that. I need two tickets, but even if one goes through, that's a decent saving plus another chunk of Jet points used up.
del-bru-del is the most difficult sector to redeem on for business....economy is a lot easier but they almost always have just one seat per flight....

bom-bru-bom is easier....they sometimes have business or even first class redemptions available....

another point is that you should call them if you don't see any seats online....if i remember correctly, i have managed to get a seat by calling at least 3 times when none were showing online....