FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CDG Flight Connection
View Single Post
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:53 pm
justhere

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by klevin99
In early May, we flew from IAD to CDG enroute to FCO with a 1 hour connection. Needless to say, we missed our connection by a mile. We had to clear pass control, with a horrible wait, then go through security again, not to mention the long walks. There was no way to do the cnx while staying out of the public zones. So we were re-booked on another flight 4 hours later.

Last fall, we traveled from BCN to IAD via CDG, with a similar experience. The saving grace was that we had a longer connection time. I think CDG is among the worst airports I've seen for EC to intl connections.
I recently transited CDG twice. Once was US-CDG-LHR with a 4 hour connection and we could have easily made a 1 hour connection. The other time was FCO-CDG-US and was a 1 hour connection and we made it in 25 minutes.

I was very concerned with the 1 hour connection on the return based on what I've read here. I realize that I didn't have to use any buses and that certainly helped. We arrived in 2F and went through passport control and then walked the connector between 2F and 2E to the L gates. Went through security and were at our gate with ease.

We were flying business so we used the priority lanes but I looked over at the regular lines and it might have taken us an extra 5 or 10 minutes if we had to use those.

Granted this is just my sampling of 2 but overall I found the signs easy to read and the airport easy to navigate and the connections simple. Quite contrary to most of what I've read about CDG which was fortunate for us.