FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air China: the flight that didn't exist?
View Single Post
Old Jun 17, 2012, 10:37 am
euslaner

Programs: UA MP 1K
Originally Posted by ben237829624
According to the record on airchina.com.cn, CA1420 on Jun 15th was not cancelled, and it departed CKG at 1130am that day, delayed for 30 minutes. I did not find CA1423, but found CA1432, and I am assuming you meant CA1432. This one departed at 1229, again 30 minutes delay. So your situation was very confusing to me because it contradict with the airlines record. But I would advise you to book through an local agency or directly through the airline when you make a domestic reservation with any Chinese carrier next time. Because their TravelSky system always mess up when it involves international transaction(either interline reservation or through-check-in).
Sorry it was CA1432. But if CA1420 departed at 11:30, why didn't it board? I was at the gate as early as 10:40. No one was there. Seems as if the Air China web site is wrong. And I wrote that I called Air China and they had no capacity to book either online or by phone. I would have had to download a PDF, fill it out, and fax it back to them. If they can't deal with sites such as Expedia, they shouldn't sell seats through them.

The web site can say anything the airline wants to post. But there was no plane there--and no reason why CA would have two flights scheduled to leave CKG for PEK at the same time. Seems as if Expedia is correct and you are wrong.