FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First Class airline meals
View Single Post
Old Jun 16, 2012, 12:01 am
txbimmerfan

Programs: SPG, AA, DL, LH
First Class airline meals

Hello...

First, I hope that this is the correct forum...a newbie here who just found this totally fabulous site!!!

I was wondering if one were to fly First Class to Europe on say Lufthansa or United/AA/Delta, can they request no evening meal in advance? I ask this since most east bound trans-Atlantic flights leave in the early to late evening.

You see, as I get older, my digestion is slowing down as in if I eat a meal after 7:00PM, I can count on serious indigestion, causing sleep to be rough or impossible. On an upcoming trip to Europe in either late 2012 or early 2013, I am willing to try paying the serious $$$ for a First Class ticket to see if I could truly sleep on a plane (a short doze as been the best achieved to date) to see if the lie flat seat/beds would allow me to truly get off of a plane in Europe actually feeling like a human and not a zombie...however, eating the meal provided, no matter the quality, would defeat the purpose of the "experiment"...and waste a lot of shekels.

I guess that I could just go see a doctor about whatever is going on (aside from the simply getting older bit) but I would be curious to see if the First Class meal could be removed as the last thing I want is to deal with excessive medications...otherwise, eat the yucky coach class meal, get indigestion and sit up/doze all night in coach and still feel like a zombie when I arrive...

Many thanks!!!!