FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Return one way rental and check out the same vehicle?
Old Jun 15, 2012, 1:49 am
NDDomer86
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Originally Posted by dwbf11
Obviously you can't do this if you've got a Premium or Luxury and your new reservation is for an Economy, but in my experience most locations don't care, and in fact prefer, to let you keep the car.
Again, this is a YMMV. I visit my family in NC pretty infrequently and thus do not maintain a car there, plus travel pretty extensively, even within the US, and hate to put tons of miles on my personal vehicles. That said, I recently rented a Premium from CLT (received a Chrysler 300 Limited) on a one way one day rental to DAB. I was then to pick up a full size from DAB on a 21 day one way back to CLT under the Florida Drive-Out promotion (same price for all classes economy to full). When I got to DAB, I joked about how the 300 had NC plates and it would be nice if I could keep the same car on the new contract to send it back home (to which the agent quickly stated they were both corporate locations and it didn't matter where a car went), but ended up with the agent assigning the same car back out. Then I ended up being rear-ended in Atlanta during rush hour and had to exchange out at ATL fully expecting to be "downgraded" to a full-size like I had booked. Instead, they rushed another 300 Limited through cleanup and signed it back out to me ^.