FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which is the supreme Ritz-Carlton property?
Old Jun 14, 2012, 5:19 am
ainternational

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Phulay Bay without doubt. Stay in a Royal Beach Villa.

I remember hearing about another Reserve property planned for Thailand, but can't remember where. I think the R-C Reserve concept has a lot of potential.
Agree completely re Phulay Bay. But the ironic thing is that to me what made it stand out as such a fine property was that it was *nothing* like a normal Ritz Carlton. Closer to an Aman. Nice quite there, but pretty darn close.

I've stayed at plenty of RC's globally and none are even close to Phulay Bay in that sense. By the way, regarding the 'Reserve' properties, the website had indicated a new one under development in Puerto Rico at some point, but references to it seemed to have disappeared last time I checked.

Quite a pity as I agree that the Reserve concept indeed does have significant potential. And it could become even more important if we see a devaluation of the Aman brand under new ownership...