FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade Tips for Encore
View Single Post
Old Jun 13, 2012, 3:40 pm
BenjaminNicholas

Programs: Quintessentially Elite, Amex Cent, UA* Lifetime Plat (2mm+), AA CK (6mm+)
Originally Posted by waldob
Judging by the post above, the $20 trick apparently can work at Wynncore. You really have nothing to lose by trying.
I disagree. You lose face. It IS a bribe and it's nothing like bellying up to a blackjack table. Wynncore employees might offer a higher floor or a different bed combo, but that is not an upgrade folks. Front desk is told that anyone caught taking money for a better room will be terminated. I don't think it's worth risking embarrassment or someone's job for a measly $20-50 bribe.

Let me repeat: No one here has used the $20 trick to score a Tower Suite, Parlor or Salon from a priceline/hotwire/hotels.com booking. If it ever happened in the past, it ain't happening now. Times have changed. I've stayed at Wynncore over 80 times in the past five years, I know the property, as well as most of the managers and pit crew. Why not do yourself a favor, save the trouble and simply book the room you want (or, at the very least, book with FHR or Virtuoso and hope for the best).

BN