FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Policy regarding switching seats on international flight after boarding
Old Jun 13, 2012, 9:31 am
EricP0418

Originally Posted by emma69
You can see what seats are available on the flight before you purchase it, on ba.com you go through the booking, enter names etc. and then you can pre-reserve seats ($10 per leg I think for that distance). That way, you get to sit together (assuming no equipement change, etc!)

Asking once on board is a recipe for disaster, especially as the seats are likely to be 3-3 to Norway, meaning if 2 people are sitting together, they will want to stay together, and if you don't reserve seats, you could both end up with middle seats far apart, and no one is going to want to swop their aisle or window for a middle seat, nor is it fair for you to ask.
I'm not expecting anyone to agree to switch seats, nor will I have any bad feelings against them if they say no. My girlfriend sometimes has trouble flying, with the heights/hitting turbulence she gets a little anxious so I would like to sit next to her if I could. It is mainly the Boston->London flight I am worrying about, since the flight to Norway is much shorter.

Thank you for the advice, but is it just really up to finding a passenger who will agree to swap seats with you on a flight from Boston to London? or will the Flight Attendants/airline staff prevent that?