FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - $150 re-crediting fee for uncleared upgrade award??
Old Jun 11, 2012, 11:38 pm
LilAbner

Originally Posted by Legendary poster
Thanks for your input and for setting the facts straight with United's policies that they haven't been following regarding my ordeal. Here's my contact history:

4/9 (8 days after flight): Called Mileage Plus. Agent said that re-deposit will take up to 14 days due to consolidated system
4/16 (15 days after flight): Called United Premier line. Agent submitted a mileage re-deposit request to Mileage Plus. Agent said that the request may take up to 30 days to be completed
5/16 (45 days after flight): Emailed Mileage Plus. Was told that the miles would be re-deposited into my account by the end of the week
6/5 (65 days after flight): Emailed United customer relations. Agent said that I need to pay a $150 fee to have the miles re-deposited.

Anything I can do now or is it pretty much over for me and my 20,000 miles? Keep calling Mileage Plus until they re-deposit the miles? I felt like I've pulled all the strings.
Go back to step #1 (4/9) and call MP!
2 weeks is the pat answer that everyone gets.
Call MP!
Tell them what happened and if you feel like you're getting the run-a-round politely dismiss yourself and hang up.
Call back to MP!
They can redeposit these 20K miles on the spot.
Call MP --- Don't e-mail anyone again, especially customer service, whose sole purpose in life is to screw everyone they can!
Be patient and very, very politely, but firmly explain that you have been getting the run-a-round, but don't tell them anything about you previous communication with the Premier line or customer service or they'll pass the buck to them and you'll be sent to a black hole and never come back to earth.
Explain that you've been calling every week or so for nearly 2 months and you really want to get your miles put back in your account NOW, which you were promised on numerous previous occasions.
They can do it, but you need someone that gives a damn and patience will pay off. Don't fall for the $150.00 redeposit fee and don't confuse them with previous nonsense like you flew from Denver.

Just tell them that you want your miles returned today, as was promised by numerous agents and waiting is getting you nowhere!

Good luck!