FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - $150 re-crediting fee for uncleared upgrade award??
Old Jun 11, 2012, 11:15 pm
Legendary poster

Programs: *G, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat, BW Plat
Thanks for your input and for setting the facts straight with United's policies that they haven't been following regarding my ordeal. Here's my contact history:

4/9 (8 days after flight): Called Mileage Plus. Agent said that re-deposit will take up to 14 days due to consolidated system
4/16 (15 days after flight): Called United Premier line. Agent submitted a mileage re-deposit request to Mileage Plus. Agent said that the request may take up to 30 days to be completed
5/16 (45 days after flight): Emailed Mileage Plus. Was told that the miles would be re-deposited into my account by the end of the week
6/5 (65 days after flight): Emailed United customer relations. Agent said that I need to pay a $150 fee to have the miles re-deposited.

Anything I can do now or is it pretty much over for me and my 20,000 miles? Keep calling Mileage Plus until they re-deposit the miles? I felt like I've pulled all the strings.

Originally Posted by LilAbner
The OP needs to call MP and cut out the middle man who apparently doesn't know what is going on with this past itin.

I've said it many times ---I DON'T SEND THIS NEW AIRLINE E-MAILS OR LETTERS! IF YOU WANT SOMETHING REALLY SCREWED UP AND WANT TO BE SUPER PISSED, CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE WITH AN E-MAIL!

OP, give MP a call, if you want this thing handled correctly, and disregard the response you received!!!