FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CDG Flight Connection
View Single Post
Old Jun 11, 2012, 2:58 pm
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The OP is flying LHR-CDG-BKK, so having lots of flights to LHR would only help on the return trip, if any. For outbound, is there any hope of asking AF to put him/her on an earlier flight to CDG? I would guess no, but it could be worth asking and even trying to get to LHR early and asking before checking luggage. Missing the BKK flight would probably mean a 24 hour delay.
My experience of the LHR people is that they are not the most flexible/accommodating there are so if the OP is flying on a restricted fare and not willing to pay for a plane change I wouldn't hold my breath.

There are good and bad news about the OP's case. In theory, as Zembla mentioned, 1 hour 5 minutes should be enough. I wouldn't call it 'easily' though, even for what should hopefully a same terminal connection. The 'hopefully' is the first piece of bad news. Not only is 2E effectively made of two separate terminals (2E per se and S3, both called 2E) but LHR flights more than occasionally land at the 'wrong' terminal with a bus deboarding (basically because the flight might be positioned for a next flight to a Schengen country ex-2F1 or ex-2D). The second piece of bad news is that LHR is notorious for bad delays so arriving 30 minutes late or so is not unusual. However, are you sure you have the timings right? I thought that for the summer season at least, the shortest connection on LHR-BKK is about 1h45 minutes which, this time, would indeed be plenty of time. Also, if you miss your connection, they will reaccommodate you some way or another, probably either via AMS or somewhere else.