FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2009-2015 MileSAAver / SAAver Award Availability Help etc.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 9:09 am
bostonoski

Programs: AA since 1988 (ex-elite status); Alaska; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rkh29
My post dealt with current availability of saver awards not being available as in the past for SEA to FRA. The above is not helpful unless you are suggesting one could get SEA to FRA by calling. I was already aware of the above SEA to DFW and DFW to FRA and SEA to ORD and ORD to FRA. My disappointment is the current lack of SEA to FRA saverawards.
If you don't mind me adding, the availability posted in response to your issue was for ONE person, not two and many people have been having problems getting two awards. (Not to mention one of the "answers" to your post was Y awards on April 2 and 30 for one leg and 15 April for the other... huh?!?!)

On the other hand, I'm going to back you up to say that my problem also - looking only for ONE seat - has not ever been the int'l portion of the flight, but the domestic portion. If you have trouble from SEA to FRA, it's exactly like my issue. I could get BOS-LHR but wanted SFO-BOS with it and that was almost impossible. I had a June or July option for int'l and after months I settled on the 2nd leg happening in December.

In fact currently there are no Saavers at all in July for one seat on my route, no Saavers in August, but suddenly Sept has a lot more availability than it used to. I got lucky checking every day and back in May one seat finally opened when I could go (BOS>ORD>LAX>SFO!!!). But I have kept checking (out of interest and due to this thread), and from January thru May the availability was so slim it was simply laughable. Now they seem to have dumped in a bunch of September seats. [shrug]

Last edited by bostonoski; Jun 11, 2012 at 9:16 am Reason: clarification