FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which city for 3 nights?
View Single Post
Old Jun 10, 2012, 1:11 pm
orthar

Originally Posted by Must...Fly!
Thanks for all the advice! We actually decided on Munich, then realised how hard it would be to get there from Rome. Berlin works nicely though, as there is a 6pm flight out of FCO on AirBerlin, so Berlin is the answer for 3 nights!

So the new question is where to stay in Berlin...there are no shortage of hotels, and I can't seem to get my head around the city, it just looks so big!!

Is there a particular hotel or area I should look at?

The Hilton looks interesting, although it seems a bit on the expensive side. The Grand Hyatt and Swissotel seem excellent as well. Eurostars Berlin is also a consideration.

I've found some excellent rates. The Grand Hyatt is at Potsdamer-Platz. The Swissotel is near the Zoo/Kaiser Wilhelm church. The Hilton is at Gendarmenmarkt.

If anyone could give me an idea of where is best, or if they have another region I should look at, I'd appreciate it greatly. Thanks!!
To oversimplify things - if you're planning on seeing the 'classic' historical sites/museums - stay on the east side of the Tiergarten (not by the zoo).

What's your price range for hotels? Fortunately, Berlin can suit pretty much any budget..