FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BKK-KUL-DPS on MH New aircraft?
View Single Post
Old Jun 8, 2012, 4:40 am
Sam Bee

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Originally Posted by UMD
If you don't mind transferring at another airport, why don't you try GA? It is guaranteed AVOD PTV all the way. The CGK - DPS leg will give you an option to fly a wide body A333 as well which is also AVOD PTV equipped in all classes.

GA website quotes BKK - DPS - BKK only @ USD 460 per pax for adults and @ USD 344 per pax for children plus surcharges.
CGK is fine Garuda to Garuda. I love the openness of the airport. I love the new Garuda as well! I wasn't aware GA was guaranteed PTV though. It's no swampy or KLIA, but Jakarta gets a rough ride sometimes!

But - for 2 days you say? Isn't the Thai AirAsia a morning departure? If so why not save your money and book on that. Booked preferred seating, luggage that will be a bit over what you will take, some meals for everyone, even red carpet (if they offer it) - you will be a brand new A320 - and at 06:15 - most likely on time as won't be coming from anywhere (and it turns around in Bali, and comes back - I find most issues on AirAsia are late afternoon shorter hops where delays are most likely). The money you save - buy a Nintendo for the kid - you'll still be $$$ in most likely?

And most importantly save you hours you can spend in Bali. That would be my priority!