FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Prefered seats out of control
View Single Post
Old Jun 7, 2012, 3:35 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
As a PM, I would have an issue being asked to change an aisle seat to a middle seat. One of the perks of having status is access to a better seat. Unless I SDC, I almost always have a Exit row (or now the EC has been rolled out I may chose those seats as well) so I don't have that worry if I am in an exit row at least seeing children can't sit there and if I am in EC, seeing there is a charge for those seats if you don't have status, I shouldn't have a p roblem there either.

Delta does need to do a better job of sitting families together. Maybe what they should do is have the last couple rows of a plane blocked out and only bookable for people flying with younger children. It would help ti insure parents and their kids sit together and wouldn't PO many frequent flyers since the back of the plane isn't that desirable of seating.
I like the idea, but I think a lot of the people traveling with kids don't just want to sit together, they also want to sit together in prime seats near the front, etc.