FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Prefered seats out of control
View Single Post
Old Jun 7, 2012, 2:31 pm
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by sbagdon
Oh, c'mon, that's almost a perfect example of "who talks first". Point to the two rows of aisle/window and empty-middle, and say "if one of you four doesn't move to the middle of the other row, two of you are sitting with a 5yo in the middle seat".

Besides, if noone moves, just stand there until someone does. They can't close the door until everyone's sitting, correct?

Yet all of that is dependent on your willingness to not take that flight.
As a PM, I would have an issue being asked to change an aisle seat to a middle seat. One of the perks of having status is access to a better seat. Unless I SDC, I almost always have a Exit row (or now the EC has been rolled out I may chose those seats as well) so I don't have that worry if I am in an exit row at least seeing children can't sit there and if I am in EC, seeing there is a charge for those seats if you don't have status, I shouldn't have a p roblem there either.

Delta does need to do a better job of sitting families together. Maybe what they should do is have the last couple rows of a plane blocked out and only bookable for people flying with younger children. It would help ti insure parents and their kids sit together and wouldn't PO many frequent flyers since the back of the plane isn't that desirable of seating.