FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Benefits for OW emerald on AB ?
View Single Post
Old Jun 7, 2012, 9:13 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by MattHelm
I've never seen priority boarding enforced (always called though). Not in TXl, nor MUC, DUS, CGN, STR... One of the gazillion items on the "must fix if serious about alliance"- list.
For most of the recent TXL-JFK flights on AB, priority boarding for OW elites has never been called (at least not in English); and every day this week, AB at TXL has been making a fuss over some OW partner elites in economy class trying to use the business class check-in (even as the signs over the business class check-in counters quite clearly show the OW Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald symbols) and trying to send many such people back to the economy class check-in. [For those connecting at TXL onto AB TXL-JFK, there is no avoiding the check-in counters at TXL since the raised "security" seal needs to be applied even to connecting boarding passes indicating departure from TXL to JFK; otherwise getting to the passport control and the screening checkpoint isn't generally allowed when it comes to that flight.]

I can see how outstations may be more likely to get things wrong when it comes to OW elite benefits, but a primary hub getting something so very basic so very wrong is inexcusable.

It's too bad that the minor fixes aren't coming faster there especially. [AB is actually much better on some short-haul routes than even national flag carriers that may have some history of serving the same route; and the AB A330s are pretty good (at least in economy class) than some of the planes that the US majors use to fly across the Atlantic; and the cabin crews are reasonably decent (and relatively more friendly in response to my requests) than the US majors.]

I welcome AB into OW, even as I do want to seem reliable delivery fo some basic aspects of the alliance membership elite benefits, particularly at a major hub for the airline.