FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Singapore Hotel 4 or 5 star for under $130/night
Old Jun 6, 2012, 10:36 am
dogcanyon

Originally Posted by typical
It's not a bad hotel at all, and I have stayed there quite a few times (and probably will again now I'm boycotting the Novotel, a hotel I previously had nice things to say about...). However it is fairly isolated (15 minutes express bus to Suntec), the rooms are somewhat tired, and they don't give you water.

If you can look past its location in particular (or want somewhere between the city and the airport), it's decent enough.
We will just be in SIN for 24 hours, have already seen all the main sights, not interested in Orchard Road shopping and the only thing on our "to do" list is the Night Safari at the zoo, so for the price the location is fine for us. However, I do miss the "good ole days" when you could reliably get the Marriott on Orchard Road on Priceline for US$70 a night. I got real "sticker shock" when reseraching SIN hotels for this trip: It's downright depressing to see rates of over US$200 per night for the Ibis.