FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HELP! Losing a Economy Plus seat due to loss of elite status?
Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:51 pm
jhayes_1780

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by QualMod
As a Premier "Silver" (lowest tier) who typically flies about 40K to 50K miles per year, and who has been loyal to this airline for 17 years I am so NOT HAPPY that they took away my Economy Plus Seating when booking. This was the #1 and really only, reason I stayed loyal.

Last year I exclusively UA so that I could have the Economy Plus Perk. Now, they bait and switch me and other Premiers?? (hmmm, isn't bait and switch illegal?)

UA's *new* policy of providing this perk ONLY 24 hours before the flight (if they haven't sold those seats to anyone else for profit), is just not good enough. Thank you, United Management for treating your lower tier, yet loyal, customers like dirt. Way to go.

I just booked my next 2 business trips on Virgin America. I'm taking my 40K-50K miles a year elsewhere. Good bye (not so) Golden handcuffs. I hope you loose "the little people" in droves and feel the affect.

PS: I don't need your long, not very convenient, Premier security line access "perk" either, as I can now buy an AllClear pass and use it at SFO, or take part in a promotion offered to Platinum SPG hotel members. See ya!
Feel better?

FWIW, there is a thread that will allow you to vent with others in the same boat: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-shaft-mp.html

Also, as mentioned if your flying 50K this shouldn't be a problem. Furthermore, this was announced quite some time ago... so I fail to see how you can view this as "bait and switch".

If Virgin suits your needs better, by all means use them.

And it may not be a deal killer, but IIRC Virgin does(?) charge for bags... right? You would still get one at no charge with UA.