FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Little Rock (LIT): Airport Director blames passengers for hour long security waits
Old Jun 3, 2012, 5:19 pm
peersteve

Programs: DL Plat,AA Plat,UA 1Peon,SW(WN) Passing Grade
Originally Posted by PhoenixRev
I don't get the logic.

If all of those people who show up less than an hour before their flights were to all suddenly show up two hours before their flights, why wouldn't the wait at the screening area be essentially the same?
Oh, exactly......the problem for TSA at LIT (and other mid-sized places like OKC) is the big bulge of 20+ flights leaving 6am-8am each morning......every airline has at least one flight to each of their hubs, so you have the maximum number of passengers all at once......as I talk with TSA, I try to make clear to them that, unlike a grocery store, you DO know how many people are coming every hour, so can staff lanes accordingly.....what would be the reasons for NOT having all lanes running 6am-8am? Perhaps wait on having a trainee screen-viewer who is only half as fast as others on duty until a slower period of the day (unlike OKC which puts a trainee on 1 of 3 lanes for Monday mornings)......perhaps stagger "break times" so a whole lane does not have to be closed during the busiest periods.....and other efficient practices which would make TSA more "stakeholder-oriented".