For those of you looking to spend a bit of time in Yangon, there is a great deal on a luxury hotel called The Governor's Residence
by Orient-Express hotel group (hotel website
). It is rated number 1 on tripadvisor and the deal includes the following (please note there are other packages for longer stays/room upgrades):
Package for 2 includes:
- 1 double bed or 2 twin beds, 420 square feet
- Airport greeting and roundtrip transfers between Mingaladon Airport (RGN) and the hotel
- Welcome drinks, one per person
- Fresh tropical fruits in room upon arrival
- Full American breakfast for two each morning
- Lunch for two on one day of your choice, served poolside or at Mandalay
- Early check-in & late check-out, subject to availability
A 3 day package starts at $435 on bidding or $517 instant purchase with luxurylink.com
This price can be brought down by another $100 if I refer you as a friend and I can give you a 10% off coupon that will bring it down even further.
I managed to book the bidding option and the total came to:
$40 booking fee
- $100 refer a friend
- $43.5 using discount code
Bringing the total to $331.5
(I checked the price direct through the hotel and for my dates in August it came to $954 including breakfast only)
Considering the ridiculous rates of hotels in Yangon this package is an absolute steal at around $110/night (with extras).
Please PM me for my referral link when you sign up and book your package (we both get $100 credit) and make sure to use the 10% discount code (LUX10)
Please send me a PM if you have any questions?