FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa Lost and Found [merged thread on things left in the cabin]
Old May 27, 2012, 4:02 am
Atlantique

Programs: Miles&More
Lufthansa Lost and Found

On the 24th of May 2012 I landed in Frankfurt from Detroit and accidentaly I forgot my I Pad in the pocket of my business class seat 11D. I realized it after few minutes when I reached the gate. Immediately I informed the Lufthansa ground staff in order to go back and pick it up or have somebody to do it for me. The Lufthansa staff did not allow me to do it and they informed me that I had to file a claim to the Lost & Found desk to have it back. UNBELIAVABLE !! I was just few meters from my precious I Pad and I have to file a claim? Extremely frustraed I went to the Senatour Lounge close to gate B42 hoping to have a better support being a long time Lufthansa customer. To my surprise the lady at the counter gave me the same reply: "You have to file a claim" !!!
Now after 2 days I do not get any positive reply from the Lost & Found office and probably the I Pad has been stolen some where in the airport and this is only because the Lufthansa staff did not let me go back and take it or send an operator to do it immediately. On top of this I can not find anybody to talk with, I can only send e-mails. After having flew all my life with Lufthansa I believe I do not deserve this. This item for me is extremely important, not for the value but for its content, all my life is in it.
Can somebody give me some suggestions to try to solve this incredible problem? THANKS