FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trip to Argentina via EZE - family with children
Old May 26, 2012, 4:27 am
britenbsas

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by dfwflyguy
Thank you all so much for the tips and ideas. I am planning to come during the thankgiving week. It is about 15 days trip. I am hoping to visit the southern and northern parts of Argentina.
The weather is Argentina will be ok during that time .. that is what i heard. Are there any must sees in the southern part of the country?
Are there any trains from Buenos Aries to El Calafate or Ushuaia ? I wanted to see the narutal beauty as well.. Thought the train will be a good option.

Any suggestions ?
There are no train services from Buenos Aires down to Patagonia. There are numerous bus services but the distances are HUGE - from Buenos Aires to Ushuaia you would need to take a bus to Rio Gallegos (approx 38 hour journey) and then connect to another bus to take you to the final 220 miles or so to Ushuaia. Flying is really the only way to go.

Visiting Buenos Aires and the southern and northern parts of Argentina is a lot to pack in to a 15-day trip. You may be better off choosing north or south on this trip otherwise you will be spending a lot of time travelling within Argentina. All air travel goes via Buenos Aires so if you flew Bs As - El Calafate and then wanted to head up north to Mendoza for example you'd have to fly back to Buenos Aires and connect to another flight.