FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My Top 10 Travel Items (with a bonus or two)
Old May 25, 2012, 8:33 pm
JMN57

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
1 Acer T1830 with HDMI out (Netflix, Slingbox app) with 256GB SSD
2) Moto Photon (Slingbox app)
3) Micro HDMI -> HDMI thin cable (I'll have to check out the hyperthin) + Micro to HDMI adapter so I can connect to HDMI on Acer or Photon
4) Energizer XP18000 external laptop/USB battery
5) 4G Mifi Hotspot
6) Zyxel MWR102 travel router
7) RedOxx CPA
8) Tom Bihn yarn small yarn bag (to hold cables, power supply...)
9) Tom Bihn tray/bag for organizing at destination
10)* Emerge Technologies Universal NetBook Charger for Wall, Car and Plane (charges USB, my computer & external battery)
11) REI fold into pocket travel duffel for extra bag, hauling food/drink into hotel, laundry runs, put jacket into when in terminal, put at feet in airplane to hold items so they don't become lost... The one I have I love and they don't make it anymore.
12)* flip prong USB charger (I need to look at OP's recommendation)
13) I make my own extension cords from appliance cord (at Home Depot Lowe's) - 1 about 15" long that goes in the yarn bag and a longer 6' one that stows in a separate bag. I bring 1 3-plug tap as well. They are less bulky/more flexible/pack easier than regular extension cords. I don't use these internationally and take a 220V rated travel strip for intl.
14) some s-biner carabiners to attach items to CPA

*items that go in the yarn bag which are in one of the end pockets for the RedOxx CPA - attached via S-Biner.