FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2012)
Old May 25, 2012, 1:40 pm
pyxis

Programs: QFF P1 / OW EMERALD, VA PLATINUM, ETIHAD GUEST GOLD, IC RA, HH DIAMOND
ANA IC Tokyo

What is your Priority Club status?
Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, but I stayed at 3 different properties whilst in Tokyo (the ANA being the only IC), and this one came in at third, despite RA benefits.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Standard Queen Room, received Club Room

How are the rooms?
Plain.... very neutral. Relatively small.

How is the exec. lounge?
Lounge was pretty good, breakfast was the best out of the 2 sittings, evening perhaps better for those who like sushi (I know, who doesn't like sushi! Maybe just me!) I actually ended up at the Mixx Bar most evenings rather than the standard spirits and wine offering in the lounge, as they have happy hour with 50% off and GREAT cocktails. At 50% off, they were approx. 1100 JPY each (inc. 10%). Not bad for Tokyo!

What was your welcome gift?
A bento box full of goodies.... 2 Kokeshi doll pencils, Japanese cloth, rice crackers and a bag of beautifully origami-wrapped hard boiled candy.

Did you receive fruit in the room?
Yes.

How was the mini-bar?
Quite good actually - a GREAT selection of non-alcoholic drinks, and spirits / wines were present also!

What was good and what was bad?

Good
TT Patisserie in the lobby - if you like strawberry flavour, PLEASE try a Strawberry Panther cake! To DIE for! Also, the non-alcoholic mini-bar selection (an unusual thing to be thankful for, I know!).

Bad
Rooms are quite plain and small, I thought they might be a little nicer. Also, there was a bit of an odour coming from the drain in the bathroom. Nothing offensive, just a little noticeable at times.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
In an expensive city, their rates seem fair.

Would you return?
I think I will try the Strings next time. No actual Club Lounge doesn't bother me, the substitutions sound quite good.