FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What to do with a 6hr layover in ATL??
View Single Post
Old May 23, 2012, 10:29 pm
traveller001

Programs: My opinions are my own and not that of my employer(s)
Originally Posted by mattyb2233
The international terminal is new, and has a great bar in it. If you google it, it has actually won some awards in Atlanta. Also if you are looking to get out of the airport, a short ride away is the worlds largest aquarium.
For someone not familiar with MARTA a six hour layover wouldn't leave a lot of time to do much as you'd want to be back at security 90 mins before departure. Just wandering outside security to people watch at the busiest airport in the world is quite entertaining. International terminal as you suggest might be more entertaining.

Though if you ever want to do an extra day or two in ATL just stay at an airport area hotel with free shuttles to the airport/MARTA station and travel all over Atlanta via MARTA is a dream. It really is a nice albeit big city... Braves baseball, Falcons Football, the Georgia Aquarium, The Underground, Buckhead, many sites featured on Man vs Food and similar food shows. Atlanta grew so rapidly some of the smaller towns got swallowed up like Buckhead but still retain a rather unique atmosphere.