FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Truist (fka Suntrust) Skymiles Check Card [see WIKI for offers]
Old May 23, 2012, 1:08 pm
junglesmacks

Originally Posted by Stubtify
I wouldn't put much weight into a bank employee saying paypal doesn't qualify as a Direct Deposit. A human will see it and know it isn't a real DD. I would like to know if someone has gotten the miles by only doing paypal DD's. My theory is the promo auto sends the miles once a ACH goes through, I'm sure they want this as automated as possible. Of course it is too early to know because I don't think anyone has gotten the miles yet.

Also here is the direct deposit form.

Read again. There are specific banking codes attached to the type of deposit that happens. A simple ACH money transfer is not the same as a payroll deposit or the others listed. It isn't a human that is doing the auditing, that is correct. It's the automatic code.. which the PayPal transfer does not have.. that triggers the system.

Now.. on the other hand, the routing number on that direct deposit form is different than they traditional SunTrust routing number that is imprinted on all of my business and personal checks. I just went back and deleted my bank account with the old routing number, and re-added with this routing number. Instead of coming up as just "SUNTRUST BANK" it came up as "SUNTRUST BANK - ATLANTA, GA" in PayPal's system. Just withdrew $105 to the "new" bank account with the modified routing number. Let's see what happens.

I, too would love to hear from anyone who has had this method work for them. One person.

Last edited by junglesmacks; May 23, 2012 at 1:14 pm